Main features of electric actuators are:
- High torque output
- Self braking construction
- Low noise level
- Smooth operation over complete valve stroke.
- Most economical way of power actuation for bigger sizes of butterfly valves
Electric actuators can be divided into two groups:
- Quarter turn actuators, can be directly mounted to a butterfly valve.
- Multi-turn actuators, require a worm gearbox to convert to 90 degrees rotation.
All electric actuators used by Wouter Witzel are provided with at least two internal switches for switching off the motor in both end positions, a mechanical position indicator and a facility for emergency hand operation. Depending on make and/or type the actuators are standard also provided with:
- Torque switches
- Thermo protection
- Limit switches
- Space heater
Electric actuators can be equipped with many internal ancillaries such as:
- Extra switches
- Tandem switches
- Electronic position transmitter
- Electronic positioner
- Timer board
Specific technical information on request.